umbilicus n : scar where the umbilical cord was attached [syn: navel, bellybutton, omphalos, omphalus] [also: umbilici (pl)]
Nounumbilicus (plural: umbilici)
Umbilicus may refer to:
- umbilicus, a feature of gastropod shell anatomy
- umbilicus, a synonym for the navel or belly button.
a genus of over ninety species of perennial flowering
- Umbilicus rupestris, the binomial name for navelwort.
- Umbilicus horizontalis, the binomial name for horizontal navelwort.
- Umbilicus intermedius, the binomial name for intermediate navelwort.
- Umbilicus chrysanthus, the binomial name for Venus' navel.
- Umbilicus chloranthus, the binomial name for green Venus' navel.
- Umbilicus erectus, the binomial name for reniform Venus' navel.
- Umbilicus oppositifolius, the binomial name for gold drop.
- Umbilicus urbis Romae, the designated center of the city of Rome from which and to which all distances in Rome and the Roman Empire were measured.
- umbilicus mundi, or "the world's navel", a Greek artifact.